9.07.2008

An Awesome Time with Awesome People

Hey Everyone!! I want to say thank you to everyone who came out on Friday night for my Goodbye Party. I had lots of fun (and drinks) and it was a blast. Our bartender for the night, my best friend ever, Kelly, did a wonderful job. Especially since the bar was packed and she was the only one working that night. Even though I don't see you all on a regular basis it's great to know that you all care enough to come say goodbye and good luck. I really do appreciate it.

So I don't know what I had to drink that night as I lost count... but I'm sure it was somewhere around 3 mixed drinks and 4+ shots. Though, according to Moise, based on the types of drinks/shots I had, he said it was just 1 drink and 1 shot but don't listen to him, he can't even play pool. Just kidding! There was that peppermint shot that was really good, a shot of Amaretto, a shot of Tequila, a shot of Malibu and there was one that another person bought me... hmmm, oh and I'm sure there was a shot of Blackhaus... damn. But hey! I actually held me liquor, Frankie would've been so proud of me.

The pool crowd was playing bar pool and I haven't played since July in Lafayette, so that was really fun. Moise decided he wanted to challenge me and try to win a game before I left the state, but once again, he lost. I think that puts us at Mishy 12, Moise 0. To be fair, I had lost on scratching the cue ball but he never calls it a win. Oh well, more for me. Oh and Kelly had orchestrated this thing for people to bring pictures... she put them into this little photo New York skyline photo album. In it she also included a letter that made me cry the next morning but it was all for good memories and because I am going to miss her so so so much. Of course, she beat me to it as I was going to write one to her... lol. Watch out Kelly, that just means mine will make you cry even more LOL.

At church today they had coffee hour dedicated to me to wish me well and say goodbye. It was really sweet and really touching as I have been attending that church since I was 5 years old. I almost cried at the end but put on my sunglasses before walking out the door.

I have three more days of work left at Cambridge Who's Who and I've been trying to pack though I know I will probably leave most of it until the last minute and then pack in a hurry. Okay, well that might not be true but we shall see what happens. I know... so bad. There is just so much stuff and well, I stop and look/read through it all instead of just packing it so that doesn't seem to help me much.

Anyway, time to get some more of it done so I will talk to you later. Oh yes, for those of you who were thinking of me and remembered Aug. 28... thank you. It was such a difficult day for me and there was so much going on. I wish I could say that it went better but really, I was a bit depressed and quite emotional. Anyhow, thank you for thinking of me that day, it's appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you!