6.19.2009

Not the Maid of Honor... and I Like It!

So... my sister, Laura, is ENGAGED! Yaaaaay. Congrats to her and Peter. So yes, here we go with wedding planning except this time for Laura. I'm so happy for her and I hope all the wedding planning goes as smoothly as possible. Now for the details. The happy day is July 24, 2010 at a place that I cannot disclose yet on Long Island. So far she wants to put her bridesmaids in blue and not a pale blue or bright blue just blue. I'm good with that.

Oh yeah and I'm not the Maid of Honor!!! Betty gets to take that responsibility and thank God because she is well-prepared and while I'm alright with watching my sister do all the wedding stuff I'm not sure I would be okay handling more than giving her my opinion and such. I'm sure by next year though I'll be better. I'm still excited for her though and that's all that matters.

Nothing else has really happened of writing importance since my last post. Kristopher and I drove up to New York for a few days to celebrate my grandfather's birthday with the family. That was fun as always. I unfortunately attended a funeral as well while I was in town. Michael's uncle, actually great uncle who is also Michael's Godfather had passed away. Since I was in town I felt it was only right that I attend and pay my respects. Uncle Al was a great man with a great personality. Michael had always spoken fondly of him.

The dog actually took the trip with us and he did amazingly well except for when we got to my parents house. Two days driving in a car mostly sitting in my lap and he was just fine. The hotel inbetween? Fine. My parent's house? Diarrhea, vomiting, peeing on the carpet. The whole four or five days we're there. Then we leave, day one in the car, just fine. Hotel that night, again fine. Second day in the car, good again, mostly sleeping the entire way. Get back home to the apartment? Sick again a few days. Unbelievable.

Anyway, that's all for now. I have a few cross stitch projects that I'm working on now as gifts. I hope I can get them all done in time. Other than that I've been job searching and that's about it.

3 comments:

  1. i'm someone's MoH right now. i think next time (if there is a next time) i'm asked, i will decline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the support :) Means a lot to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're still going to help me, right? especially w/ some addresses and what-not! oy!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you!