7.13.2010

Godmother Mishy... Round 2!

Wait, didn't I already post about becoming a Godmother just a few weeks go? Yes, and now I'm doing it again! I'm pleased to announce the birth of my Godson:

Jayden John
July 9, 2010, 5:22pm
Weight: 7lbs. 6oz.
Length: 20in.

I'm so happy that Kelly asked me to be Jayden's Godmother. I honestly did not think she would ask me with all the friends and family she has. It's truly an honor and the day she told me (yes, she didn't ask me, she told me), I cried. Kelly and I go way back... way way back... I've known her since Kindergarten! Back in NY, we only lived 7 blocks from each other and have always stayed friends. I would say we became the closest in high school as she and I would hang out all the time.

Kelly was another person I did not want to leave behind when I left New York. Who else would I be able to call at 11pm at night to just go for a ride? Who else would even come up with the idea to see how many different diners we can eat at on Long Island in one summer? What other friend could I drive around with for two hours and not really have to say a word to -- and it be okay? Oh and most importantly, who else would understand that sleeping in on non-work, non-school days was essential unless it involved going to the beach? No one else really.

Congratulations to my other best friend - Kelly and to Jerrod too; he is the daddy after all! I love you both and I can't wait to meet this bundle of joy in a few weeks.

God has truly blessed me now with two wonderful, adorable Godchildren and two girlfriends who I know will always be there for me no matter where we live!

1 comment:

  1. Wow he is beautiful and I freaking out over the hair. Good lord!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you!