7.29.2010

A Wedding to Remember!

Wow, where do I start? First of all, Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Peter Sohl!!!! I wish my sister, Laura, and my brother-in-law, Peter all the happiness in the world as they start their new married life together!

Kristopher and I arrived in NY after a two-day drive on Wednesday (21st). The drive was relatively easy with minimal traffic and lucky for me Kristopher did all the driving. I did offer to drive but he never accepted which was fine with me. However, let it be clear that I did not make him drive the entire way to New York.

So Thursday was prep day - Kristopher got a much-needed hair cut with Dean at my old salon - Curl Up & Dye. I was so relieved to get my clean-cut looking Kristopher back! It was also great catching up with Dean again; apparently I really missed my hairdresser. After that we headed back to my parent's house and then the women left for Fantastic Spa for manicures and pedicures. It was nice to get out with just my mom and my sister. Dinner followed afterward at Fortune Wheel where we met up with Lars and Anna (dad's colleagues from Sweden).

Friday was relatively easy despite some last minute worries about Laura's Maid of Honor. It was rehearsal day which didn't start until 6:45pm. Laura had a mini freak-out because some of the bridal party were late but all in all the rehearsal was relaxing. My cousin Travis, who officiated the ceremony, really did a great job of making the rehearsal fun and serious at the same time. The entire time during the rehearsal though I was texting with Laura's MoH, Betty. Betty had missed her plane and was going through hell getting the next flight out. Everything under the sun was trying to prevent her from making it to her BFF's wedding! Mechanical problems, tornado watch, thunderstorms... you name it. Well Betty did make it to the wedding. She arrived in NY at 4am and didn't bother sleeping before coming to the house on Saturday morning ready for hair and make up. She was an amazing support and did not once complain about being tired on my sister's big day. Laura is so lucky to have her as a friend.

Saturday - there is not much to say. Everything went wonderfully and beautifully. Everyone looked amazing, the bride looked gorgeous. The groom teared up watching his bride walked down the aisle, the church was PACKED, Travis did a great job with the ceremony and the reception was tons of fun. Dancing, tons of food, great live band... it would take me forever to give you all the details. I was up for practically 24 hours by the time I went to bed at 4pm. The fun, of course, didn't end there... we went to Fortune Wheel the next day for dim sum at 11:00am.

My only complaint - it was the hottest day of the week and the few hours we were out in the sun taking pictures was enough to make me sweat out 10 lbs. (Well I wished it were that easy but it felt like it.) It was so hot I didn't even drink alcohol that day. Water, water, water, two glasses of champagne for toasting and then back to more water.

What a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Wow sounds amazing! I can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you!