7.08.2010

W(h)ining and Dining

Back in May, my friend Kayla, invited me and some other friends over to her house for dinner. She (with the assistance of Sammy) made lasagna for dinner, I brought the wine (Cheateau Ste. Michelle Cabernet Sauvignon) and there was a delicious cookie cake. It was a great time and Kristopher and I didn't get back home until 1am (which is late for us considering we hardly go out for long periods of time)! The best part about this was that it got me out from moping around the house on the 2nd anniversary of Michael's passing. I seriously thought I was going to go there and just be miserable the entire time because I was so down. I was wrong. I had a great time, at one point I felt guilty for it because I felt like I should have been sad - it was, after all, the anniversary of one of the saddest days of my life. I then realized, that this is what Michael would've wanted me to do. To remember him but, at the same time, go on having a good time and enjoying life to the best of my ability.

I had hung out with the girls before but that night was different. We sat around and had girl time, we cooed over Kayla's little boy and I didn't freak out because Kristopher was still in the next room over talking with the guys. Plus it's great to be able to sit there and bitch about whatever you want for a night without having to worry about hurting anyone's feelings.

That night, Supper Club was born! So once a month someone else cooks dinner for the same group. June was my month and once again we had a fabulous time. I cooked pork and shrimp fried rice, Sammy brought the wine and "juice," Kayla let me use her kitchen and her house since it has more seating room and Nicole brought the most delicious Oreo cake for dessert.

Oh check out this video from our last supper club of Clayton with Uncle Kristopher.

I can't wait until next month! Sammy's up next!

3 comments:

  1. I have more and more fun each time

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had a great time! Maybe one of these times when we aren't so busy we might drop by but women drinking wine depresses me cause I'm still pregnant! O! But only 3 more months and I can join the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you definitely should Claire!! Sammy is planning the next one around the end of August.

    Perhaps instead of wine we can make daiquiris, that way yours won't have any alcohol but you could pretend it did. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you!