8.12.2010

Falling Asleep with Aunt Mishy

New York was filled with great blessings for me during my last trip. In addition to seeing my sister get married to a great guy, visiting with Mikey, Jr., and spending time with family, I got to see my Godson for the first time.

Kristopher and I headed out to Queens to visit my best friend Kelly and finally meet Jayden. Even though we only stayed for a few hours, it was the best few hours of the day. EVER. Jayden is beautiful and I love him already. As soon as I walked through the door, Kelly came straight to me with the baby, "Here you go, you hold on to him while I finish cooking." I laughed as I could not imagine Kelly greeting me any other way. I sure have missed her. I could not have been more delighted to have that baby just plopped right in my arms. I didn't want to put him down either.

To add to the perfect moment, Jayden fell asleep in my arms. Kelly had told me he was being cranky all day and had been up since 7:45am and refused to nap or go back to sleep. Well after me standing there staring at him for 20 minutes while rocking back and forth, the sweet child was out like a light. I still didn't want to put him down. Kelly and I got to catch up a lot just talking about our lives and random things. We always talk more in person than on the phone or online and being apart all this time didn't change that. It was like we just picked up where we left off; that's how I know she's one of my best friends.

Eventually Jayden did wake up and I gave him a bottle. Kristopher burped him (I figured he was a pro since he's done this before), he got a diaper change and then... back in Aunt Mishy's arms for a little while longer. When he fell back asleep I handed him over to Kelly who held on to him for a few minutes before putting him in his bassinet.

Seeing Jayden sleeping soundly and the look of exhaustion on Kelly's face I told Kristopher it was time to leave so she could get some rest. I didn't want to leave them but I know they both needed some rest.



The entire time there all Kristopher and Kelly could tell me was that I needed a baby to love because I'm just the natural mothering type. I couldn't agree more but we still need to get some things in order before we can even think about having a baby. In due time...

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, he's so sweet looking! I think you'd be a wonderful mother :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you!