8.01.2010

M&M Air Hockey 1-1

So I got to see one of my favorite little boys while I was in New York during this last trip. I was so tired the day after Laura's wedding I wasn't sure how I was going to do it. I had woken up at 5:30am Saturday and did not go to bed until 4:00am Sunday, only to wake up at 9:00am Sunday for brunch. After brunch I headed over to see Mikey, Jr.!!!

It is always such a treat to be able to visit with Mikey; even if it's only for a few hours. He never knows when I'm coming but Mike's family does and I don't mind. The pure joy I get to see on his surprised face every time I walk in is worth it. It just shows me how much he still cares about me and it warms my heart to know that he loves me as much as I still love him.

After getting a huge hug, we talked for a bit. He's doing pretty well in school and going into the 3rd grade next year. My how time flies, I remember attending his pre-school graduation like it was yesterday but now... THIRD grade! I gave him a little gift that I got him, a gift card for his vacation to Disney in a few weeks. I figured he would enjoy being able to go around Disney World and "buy" things - toys, food, souvenirs. Hopefully he has a good time.

Mikey then wanted to show me the air hockey table he got for Christmas and we played two games. I won the first one (he was pretty upset because he said boys are not supposed to lose to girls!) and he won the second one so we high-fived and called it a tie. He talked about Mike and I was happy to see it was in a joyful remembering kind of way and not in a sad or depressed way. In a way I guess you can say we reminisced a little bit, talking about the way daddy used to laugh and how much we miss him. After air hockey we played Super Mario Bros. on the Wii which was pretty fun. I'm such a sucker for anything Mario-related.

Then his cousins arrived and wanted to go in the pool. Mikey asked me to go with him but I took that as my cue to leave since I still had family at the house. I got a big hug and a kiss and best of all... we took a picture. He was so cute because he dug out his Nintendo DS so he could take his own picture to have.

It's a blessing to know that even though Michael is no longer on Earth with us, Mikey and I still share such a close bond that spans not just time but distance. Thanks Michael, having Mikey in my life is one of the best gifts you've ever shared with me. We love and miss you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you!