8.02.2010

Visiting Family

While I was in New York I took the time to spend some extra time with some of my family. I went and visited my Uncle Marty up in Chester, NY. It's supposed to only a 1 hour to 1.5 hour drive but we hit traffic. I think it took almost 3 hours and we were SO HUNGRY by the time we arrived at my uncle's house. Lucky for us he had food waiting! BBQ ribs and stir fried noodles. Yummy!!! We spent a good amount of time talking and catching up during lunch and then headed out to do more yammering out on the deck. It was a beautiful day and it felt nice to be able to sit outside with family without melting.

At around 6pm, Kristopher and I continued our journey over to my cousins' house. Travis and Phyllis recently bought a house and since we weren't around for the house warming party we decided to go check it out. You can say we got a private tour! The house is beautiful and I couldn't be happier for the two of them! They make a great couple and deserve all the happiness in the world. We also got to meet Stella, their beagle which was very exciting. Kristopher and Stella managed to become best friend really quickly.

After being treated to a delicious baked ziti meal with meatballs, salad and garlic bread, they drove us to the church for another private tour! Let me tell you, the church is beautiful. It's small but at the same time very inviting and I think a great fit for Travis or Reverend Yee as he's called.

Lucky for us the drive back to Long Island that night was quick and pain free! I love my family and I'm so happy that I got to spend some extra time with a small part of them.

1 comment:

  1. I have a prize for you! Go check out my post

    http://kayla-randolph.blogspot.com/2010/07/blogger-award-blog-with-substancethats.html

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you!