7.11.2011

Closing Date Coming Soon!

So it looks like we'll be closing on the house soon! I can't wait! The current owners will be moved out and out of the country (one of them has a job in Brazil) by this Wednesday! THIS WEDNESDAY! So all we are waiting on now is the paperwork. Yay!

I can't wait to get to work on the house and start making it feel like home. It's been a long time coming and I'm excited for Kristopher, his mom and I to move into a house that will really be ours with enough room to accommodate the humans and the animals without feeling like we're going to trip over something. I've already brought up tons of paint chips; most of them for his mom. Her rooms are a priority to get painted first since they used to belong to two little girls and are currently painted really bright aqua and this candy purple color. Their bathroom is also half hot pink and half purple. It's kind of loud.

In addition to that I want to replace the locks. No, it's not that I don't trust the current homeowners, I just don't like the type of locks they have on the doors. I want to put a dual-cylinder deadbolt on the front door and change up the deadbolts on the back doors. After that, I want to get the floors checked out and make sure that if they need sealant it's taken care of. I have no illusions that the dogs might have accidents and want to prevent any of that from seeping into the floor.

I really do have a list of things to fix before we move in and I'm starting to get a schedule together of how we want to move in. I want to try not to do it all in one or two days, even if we have a moving company. I want to try and move the bedrooms first, probably with the help of some wonderful friends and make sure that mom is comfortable and set up in her rooms. Then, I'll having the packing/moving company come after everything else. This way there is no rush to get mom set up while a bunch other things are going on at once on the big moving day or she can go take a nap if she needs to when she gets tired.

I'll keep you all posted!


2 comments:

  1. Yeeeiiii!!!! Congrats!! This is so exciting! Jon and I will definitely come visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are part of the moving crew!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you!