7.05.2011

New Happenings

This post is going to be different. It's not going to talk about the past it's going to talk about the future... I know, it's a change, prepare yourself. In the beginning of the year I said I was going to try and blog more, I lied. I knew I wasn't. However, here I am, new design, although simple and just a standard template. Nothing fancy. Anyway, on to the new stuff shall we?

New Job! (sort of) - I went from being a contract employee to a full-time employee. I'm also the Project Manager now which means I get to try and keep everyone on schedule and make sure projects are completed in a timely manner. It's a pretty good fit for my organized self. Seriously, I love working at Alien Marketing, I love the people I work with and the office I have. It's great and if you need a website, you know who to call! :)

New Pains - so I have something called Tenosynovitis DeQuervain's Syndrome. In short - tendonitis in my wrist, specifically the tendons that my left thumb uses. I've been going to occupational therapy at LaBorde Therapy for quite some time now. It's eating up lots of work hours which I feel guilty about but hopefully it gets better soon. I have a follow-up orthopedic appointment today, so hopefully it tells me something positive.

New House (almost) - I'm buying a house. It's gorgeous. It's only 10 minutes from our current location and it's big. Big enough to for me, Kristopher, his mom, our 4 dogs, 1 cat, 10 gallon fish tank and at least two of our future children. I'm totally excited about this and can't wait to move in. Hopefully we will be closing sometime in July and moved in by mid-August if all goes well.



New Baby - Okay, how many of you did I get? Seriously. It's not mine; it's my cousin's. A baby girl, Hannah Grace born on the 4th of July. She is super adorable people. Travis got me on Facetime to see baby Hannah in all her glory - she was sleeping, of course; but still just the sweetest thing I've seen this July. I don't think anything is going to top that.




Also my Godchildren are turning 1. Okay, one of them has turned 1 already, the other this weekend; they are only 2 weeks apart. They are walking and looking like toddlers and not babies already. Where did the time go? Where? I unfortunately did not make it to Rylee's birthday and I can't make it to Jayden's either but I made sure to spoil them both with plenty of gifts!

Life in Lafayette, LA is starting to pull itself together I think. I have a good feeling about it. It's only taken 3 years but I'm starting to go forward with happy memories and a smile on my face. There will always be pain in my heart from losing Mike but I just KNOW that it's going to be okay and I know he's happy for me too. I just do.

2 comments:

  1. YOU GOT ME.....ON THE: NEW BABY......

    ReplyDelete
  2. U got me and I know better! Swear I have a problem lol

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you!